Key benefits to crawl space encapsulation
Updated: Mar 10, 2020
If you want to make sure that your home is safe from problems that exist in your crawl space, you may want to do a little research on the benefits of crawl space encapsulation. Fortunately, there is a wealth of information online that explains what crawl space encapsulation is and the many benefits associated with completing this type of construction in your home. With that being said, here is a brief definition and some of its top benefits.
What is crawl space encapsulation?
Crawl space encapsulation can be described as the process of making a clearly designed physical division between your living space and the area below your home. Some professionals refer to this construction process as building an envelope. If this type of work is done properly, the air in your living space will be a lot healthier. This is especially the case for those of you who do not want your family exposed to pests, mold and other issues that tend to live in these areas. Actually, for those of you who are presently considering starting this kind of construction project in your home, here are some of the top benefits that you may want to consider as you are making your decision.
Benefits to crawl space encapsulation
- Your Family can breathe easier in your living space because of the clean air quality and the dehumidifier changing effects. This is because encapsulated crawl spaces are not moldy or muggy in the summer months.
- According to various kinds of research, you can lower the cost of your energy bills by as much as 20%. Therefore, this is also a great selling point for those of you who are thinking about selling your home anytime soon.
- You can also prevent the floors in these areas from rotting since you are also creating a vapor barrier that protects your walls, ceilings and etc. from excess moisture.
- Duct and Heating Systems last much longer. This is because heating and cooling equipment tend to last much longer when they are located in crawl space that is conditioned.
- Crawl space Encapsulation improvements are also beneficial for family's who do not want to experience frigid floors in their homes during the winter months.
If you are considering tackling this type of project in your home, let the experts at Vanguard give you a free consultation. You will be happy to have made the call.